Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is one of the most amazing treks within the Everest Region. The trek is mostly famous for the glorious and exceptional views of Mt. Everest and other numerous snow capped mountains (September – December) and also famous for flowers and fauna. This trekking route is most fit to those who are lovers of distinct varieties of flowers (February – July). The Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is an alternative to classical treks in the Everest region best for those wish to experience Mt. Everest and the Himalayan touch without much physical stress.
The major attractions of the Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek are the wonderful view of Ngozumpa glacier which is the largest glacier of Nepal, one of the highest settlement in the world, views of other important mountains i.e. Mt. Everest-Mt. Lhotse-Mt. Makalu- Mt. Kanchanjunga-Mt. Cho Oyu etc., Gokyo peak, world’s highest freshwater lake system including 6 major lakes among which Thonak Lake is the largest one, Sagarmatha National Park, Tengboche Monastery one of the biggest monastery of the Khumbu area, typical Nepali villages like Tengboche, Phortse, Village , Dudh Koshi Valley, rhododendrons forest etc.
Average rating: 0 reviews
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m/4264 ft)
Day 02: Sightseeing in kathmandu and trek preparation
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,800 m/9,184 ft), trek to Phakding (2,652 m/8,700 ft): 3 – 4 hours
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,283 ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 05: Namche Bazaar: acclimatization
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Phorse Tenga (3500 m/ 12,496 ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 07: Phorse Tenga to Machhermo-(4,470 m/ 14,663 ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 08: Machharmo to Gokyo (4800 m/15,744 ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 09: Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri (5357 m/17,570 ft) and hike to fifth lakes: 5 – 6 hours
Day 10: Gokyo to Dole: 3 – 4 hours
Day 11: Dole to Namche Bazaar: 4 – 5 hours
Day 12: Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6 – 8 hours
Day 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m/4264 ft).Our Representative will receive you and transfer to Hotel . After short rest our guide will describe you about your trip.
Day 02 : Trek preparation
Preparation for Trek (TIMs card , Permit ) and sightseeing at kathmandu valley ( Pashupatinath Temple,Bouddhanath Temple, Swoyambhunath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square)
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Lukla
Fly to Lukla from Kathmandu(40 Min.) and 3 to 4 hours trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,700ft)
Day 04 : Phakding walk to Namche Bazaar
From Phakding walk to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280 ft) around 5 to 6 hrs.
Day 05 : Namche Bazaar acclimatization
Rest day in Namche Bazaar.
Day 06 : Namche Bazaar to Phorse Village
Namche Bazaar to Phorse Tenga(3500 m/ 12,496 ft) walk for 5 to 6 hours.
Day 07:Phorse Village to Machhermo
Trek to Machhermo-(4,470 m/ 14,663 ft) for 5 to 6 hours from Phorse Tenga.
Day 08 : Machharmo to Gokyo
Machharmo to Gokyo (4800 m/15,744 ft) walk for 5 to 6 hours.
Day 09 : Walk to Gokyo Valley
Walk to Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri (5357 m/17,570 ft) and hike to fifth lakes for 5 – 6 hours.
Day 10 : Gokyo to Dole
Walk to Dole for 3 to 4 hours from Gokyo.
Day 11 : Dole - Namche Bazaar
Dole to Namche Bazaar for 4 – 5 hours.
Day 12 : Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla for 6 to 8 hours.
Day 13 : Back to Kathmandu
Fly to Kathmandu from Namche Bazaar.
Day 14 : Final Departure
Transfer to Airport for your home departure. Farewell!!
- Airport pickup and drop
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- All accommodation and meals during the trek (Full Board)
- Domestic flights or Private Vehicle/Bus
- An experienced and professional English-speaking trekking guide, assistant trekking guide (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter in Tea-House Trek) required Porter in camping Trek including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Four seasonal sleeping bag, down jacket, Nepal Mountain Trekkers duffer bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (Note: down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- TIMS Card , Conservation Parks and Special Permits.
- Rescue service
- A comprehensive medical kit
- 13% Tax and 10% service charges.
- Farewell dinner
- Visa fee to enter Nepal (Visa Information)
- International flight tickets and extra baggage charges
- Food in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation and meal costs in Kathmandu due to any change in scheduled itinerary
- Travel insurance/ Rescue operation costs
- All personal expenses
- Tip for guides and porter
||Trip Start Date
||Trip End Date